Guest Post from Christiane Banks, author of Amelia's Prayer

635981_Tour-Banner_L1

 

Inside the Book:

Amelia's Prayer

Title: Amelia's Prayer 
Author: Christiane Banks 
Publisher: iUniverse 
Genre: Religious Fiction 
Format: Ebook/Hardcover/Paperback

Sebastian Lavalle is just fifteen when he leaves home in 1934 to join the navy. Seven years later, Sebastian unfortunately knows all too well about the horrors of World War II and what it is like to fear the unknown. When repairs force his ship to the rugged shore of Newcastle, the young French naval officer is invited to a tea dance to celebrate Bastille Day. He seizes the opportunity, hoping to find comfort and a small taste of the home he misses so much. Amelia Sullivan, the daughter of Irish immigrant parents is thrilled to be attending the tea dance. When Sebastian's eyes find her in the crowd, he drinks in her exotic beauty. Moments later as he draws her into his arms for a dance, there is no doubt in his mind that he has just met the woman of his dreams. Days later, Sebastian professes his love and marries her, sending them both on an unforgettable journey through betrayal, survival and forgiveness. The saga takes the reader from England's coast, to the French Riviera and also to America. Their soul searching journey explores the many facets and depths of love leading to the realization of what true happiness means.. Amelia's Prayer is a tender and moving saga spanning forty years after two young souls are flung together during World War II.  


ORDER INFORMATION
Amelia's Prayer is available for order at
amazon

What inspired me to write Amelia’s Prayer is really quite difficult to pinpoint. Storytelling has always been a part of me—like the colour of my eyes or hair, part of my DNA. I cannot remember a time when I did not tell stories! As a child I was nicknamed chatterbox, I would wander out of the house, up the street, knocking on people’s doors asking if they would come out to play. We could sit on the wall and tell stories. It was not unusual for strangers to bring me home!
Most of my life I have thought about creating stories, poems, and sometimes plays--not always capable of executing the ideas that were formed within my mind for various different reasons; however, I was always able to tell the story. Amelia’s Prayer is a true work of love and passion.
Throughout my lifetime, I have been fortunate enough to meet some amazing human beings, either through life’s journey, my work, or within my own family, extended family and friends. I have had the privilege and the honour to listen to many voices, both young and old and wise over the years, often triggering myriad of ideas through my mind in various different forms, family members and my husband encouraging me to write a book.
Several years ago I was fortunate enough to be introduced to and author by the name of Joyce Holmes, who writes detective stories. I told Joyce of my interest in writing a book, and how I felt rather inexperienced. Joyce inspired me and helped me to understand that I was more than capable. We spent a lovely lazy afternoon on the balcony of her beautiful home in the mountains in Provence. I shall always be grateful to Joyce for validating my abilities. That afternoon she sent me away, waving goodbye and believing that I could indeed write a novel. As she waved to me her message was, “I shall see you at the book launch!”
Simplicity is the essence to a reader connecting to a story something we can all reach out to and identify with Amelia’s Prayer is a compilation of all of that life, love, family, betrayal, forgiveness, and ultimately unconditional love!

Meet the Author:

Christiane Banks lives in Ontario, Canada, with her husband. Amelia's Prayer, which took six years to write, is her debut novel.

0 comments:


up